Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Slow Cooker Recipe: Creamy Italian Chicken

Photo courtesy of http://www.tasteofhome.com/

I got this in a recipe swap I participated in years ago. My friend Janelle passed it along. She told me she got it from Quick Cooking magazine. Not too long ago I went through all my old cooking magazines to clip out recipes I want to try and put them in a binder (I freecycled the magazines when I was done). Imagine my surprise when I found this recipe in a very old issue! I serve this at least once a month. It's super simple to make. I've made it so many times I know it by heart. I like to cook extra chicken and slice it up for sandwiches later in the week. Yum.

1 - 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1 - 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup of water
hot cooked rice or noodles

Place chicken breasts on bottom of slow cooker. Mix Good Seasons and water and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Mix cream cheese and soup. Stir into crock pot and cook on low for another hour. Serve over hot rice or noodles with a vegetable on the side.

I use lite cream cheese, Campbell's Healthy Request soup, brown rice and broccoli to make it as healthy as possible. Fat free Good Seasons is also a healthy option if you can find it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm, janelle's creamy italian chicken is a staple at our house!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...