Saturday, August 25, 2012

Accountability Saturday Launch Aug. 25


I've been thinking about starting an "Accountability Saturday" feature for awhile. I don't know about anyone else, but I need to make myself accountable for many of  the personal choices I make. Whether physical, mental, material...all those choices make me who I am. Lately I haven't been making the best choices and I'm feeling the affects. I've been giving a lot of thought to which direction I want to take with certain parts of my life. Most of those things aren't life changing when you look at the big picture. However, some are health related and need to take a priority. Some things I do are affecting others in a negative way and definitely need to be addressed and changed.

Here's a sample of things that need changing:

  • Sleep - I never get enough and I admit it's 100% my own fault.
  • Computer time needs to be cut way back. I have good intentions of updating the blog, listing items no Etsy, etc. then get distracted with Facebook, Pinterest and anything else that looks cool.
  • No motivation. I literally have to force myself to cook dinner, clean the house, etc. It's not that I never do it. I cook everyday, I clean once a week (or more, depending on what it is), I do laundry most days. My house isn't filthy, our clothes are clean, my family is fed. I just hate doing those things. I want it all to become more tolerable.
  • Crafts - I have a million projects in my head but #2 on the list paralyzes me.
Today is my starting point, the day I start focusing on my actions and paying attention to how they affect my life. This will include diet, exercise, sleep (a big issue for me), money and anything and everything that needs improvement. It will be a work in progress and it might even get a little ugly before it gets better! The goal is to keep a small journal to highlight the good and not-so-good choices I make in a day. On Accountability Saturday I'll post what I wrote in my journal that week and my thoughts about my choices.

I'm hoping others will follow along and share their own stories. Maybe it'll inspire others to become more aware of how their choices affect their health and family. There's always room for improvement.


4 comments:

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Excellent idea! Focus on your first week!

msbrownschmitt said...

Amen sister! It's easy to get caught up in it all! I find myself and my husband both either on the computer or on our i-phones while our kids are playing underneath us... they grow up way too fast to be so plugged in...

Judy said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! MsBrownSchmitt - I totally understand about the kids thing. My kids are computer savvy teenagers. I've had my hands on a computer since I was 16 (I'm 51 now - so that's a lot of computer time!), both with my job and at home for the past 12 years. When the internet came to be it opened up a whole new world for me and I got sucked right in. My husband gets online but not nearly as much as my kids and me. He hates that we like our online stuff so to be fair to him, I need to try to cut back. Sometimes it's easier said than done.

bonkdawn said...

Great quote and great ideas! I will use you as inspiration to make my own changes! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...