Good Monday morning!
Here's 25 scrapbook-related get to know you questions. Copy & paste the questions to your blog and change the answers to your own! Have fun!
1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both? I do both but I burned myself out making cards to sell on Etsy. I haven't done any in awhile.
2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking ? How did you get into it? I've been scrapping for over 11 years. I started shortly after my daughter Emily was born. It started out as a baby book and took off from there. Cardmaking evolved from scrapping.
3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc? I prefer to work at my scrap table at home. Emily and I share a craft space in the basement. She's a scrapper too and we share our stash. Crops are ok but I prefer to scrap at home where all my stuff is. I also enjoy getting together with my online friends, which I do about once a year.
4. Favorite embellishments? Flowers - either store bought or made by me using paper punches. I also really love flourishes. I bought a bunch of flourish die cuts from an Etsy seller a couple of months ago. I use them all the time. I have a lot of doodle templates that are fun to use too.
5. Favorite paper brands? No favorites. I buy what catches my eye.
6. Favorite tool? My Perfect Layers system and my doodling templates.
7. Favorite kind of ink? My set of 24 Dauber Duos, which is really 48 colors (insert thumbs up here)
8. Whose your scrap idol? All my online friends :)
9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used? Oh geez, lots of stuff. The first thing that comes to mind is the Fiskars circle cutter (sorry Fiskars!). It was clumsy and hard to work with so I passed it on. Now I trace my circles and cut them by hand using whatever's around (drinking cup, dinner plate, etc.).
10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area? I set up a scrap area in my basement a few years ago. There's two work tables and some smaller tables and drawer units for storage. I share the space with my daughter. We work well together (except when she neglects to put my tools away).
11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper? Random.
12. What is your scrapping style if you have one? My style is clean and simple but I also like to step outside my comfort zone and do a busier page every now and then.
13. Whats on your work area right now? Scraps that need to be put away.
14. Favorite adhesive? Adhesive squares for photos, glue dots for buttons and metal, tacky tape for ribbon and glue pen for small stuff. I use foam tape too.
15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to? Unsure. I'm really not up on the latest trends.
16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer? Nope, not yet.
17. Have you ever had your work published? No, but I have submitted a few times.
18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc? No
19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones? No, but I started scrapping with a baby kit club. I cancelled it after only a few months because I was getting so little for the cost (this was 11 years ago)
20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter? I used to be a collector until I realized I had way too much stuff. I've purged quite a bit in the last year or so. I don't buy very often anymore because I'm trying to use what I have in my stash. The last thing I bought was a nice line of Christmas paper and embellishments for my 2009 pics. That was several months ago.
21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own? I love sketches so much that I'm now posting my own right here on this blog!
22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones? Yes, but not currently. My online friends are on www.scrapbookfriends.net. I like to participate in the challenges there. I've also participated in a few blog challenges.
23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones? No I don't. If I had a million dollars, I'd buy a machine that would allow me to use my computer fonts. I don't like the idea of being limited to font cartridges that you have to buy separately.
24. If you have a manual diecutting machine what kind of dies do you use?
25. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?) Oh yes! I puffy heart my Stickles and use them all the time. I'm not sure how many I own but I have at least 10 (is that a lot or a little?).