Sunday, January 24, 2010

American Girl

After a long, stressful weekend (don't ask!) I finally escaped to my scrap area after dinner tonight. I dipped my hands into the ribbons, flowers, brads and letter stickers. I let my fingers do the walking through my cardstock and pretty papers. I listened to Nina Blackwood's Absolutely 80s on my daughter's pink Barbie radio. Heaven I tell you. Pure heaven.

This layout covers two challenges. The first is Robin's Recipe Challenge at ScrapbookFriends.net. The second is the Use Your Stash challenge at Scrap and Stamp.  The recipe "ingredients" are ribbon, brads, paper flowers, journal box and flowered paper. The Use Your Stash challenge items are just about everything on the page. I stamped a border around the center photo. The journal box is stamped with pink ink on vellum.


This is my daughter Emily on her 11th birthday. My husband and I gave her a Just Like You American Girl doll. To say she was thrilled is an understatement. I believe her exact words were "Mom, you ROCK!" I plan to do a right side to this page with photos of her opening her gifts and more journaling.


I based this layout on this sketch I found at Little Book of Sketches. I puffy heart sketches!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...