Saturday, January 30, 2010

Do Good Things Happen in Three's?

They say bad things happen in three's. What about good things?

For the last 3 days in a row between 2:00 & 3:00 p.m., positive opportunities were handed to me. Earlier this week I did one of those useless Facebook apps that determines your "lucky time." It said 2:00 pm. How weird is that?

Day one: My husband was scheduled to have an MRI done next Monday evening. It's an inconvenient time because of my kids' activities. We scrambled to find rides for the kids. Around 2:00 on Wed. the hospital called and said they had some cancellations. Would he like a Saturday appt.? Hell yeah!

Day two: My hours at work have been cut quite a bit over the last few weeks. January is typically very slow for us. My dept. manager called me around 2:30 pm on Thurs. to see if I'd like to pick up some hours on Friday. Hell yeah!

Day three: I was at work (putting in those extra hours) when my dept. manager approached me. We're swamped with Valentine's Day ads. Would I like even more extra hours? Hell yeah! The sales manager also approached me during that magic hour. Am I interested in free Disney on Ice tickets? Hell to the yeah again! (one of the perks of working for a newspaper is free tickets!)

I wonder if today will bring something between 2:00 & 3:00 p.m. Am I pushing my luck?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...