Thursday, July 11, 2013

Slow-Cooker Oatmeal-Banana Maple Parfaits

Slow cooker oatmeal breakfast
Image obtained from www.familycircle.com

While browsing through my Pinterest recipes I stumbled on this little gem. I haven't made it yet but everytime I see it it makes my mouth drool. I'm a fan of oatmeal and bananas. Slow cookers are one of the best inventions ever. I have to try this. 

I originally pinned the recipe from Family Circle's website but every time I click on it through Pinterest I'm brought to a blank registration page. I'm just a tad perturbed by that considering I pinned the correct URL. Apparently Family Circle doesn't want people to view their recipes?? I dunno, maybe they're afraid we might actually like the recipes and want to buy their magazine? *shrugs*

I decided to post it here to make it easy for everyone. Enjoy.

Slow-Cooker Oatmeal-Banana Maple Parfaits

Makes: 6  servingsPrep 15 mins
Slow Cook 8 hrs  LOW
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  • 1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 7 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
  • 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • ripe bananas
  • 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions

1. Pour 3 cups water into slow-cooker insert. Place a slow-cooker liner into slow cooker (on top of water). Combine half-and-half, 5 1/2 cups water, the oats and salt into slow cooker liner.
2. Cover and slow cook on LOW for 8 hours. Uncover and stir in 6 tbsp of the maple syrup. Blend ricotta and remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup.
3. Begin layering: Spoon 1/2 cup oatmeal into 6 cups or bowls. Top each with a heaping tbsp ricotta mixture. Peel and slice bananas. Spread about 4 banana slices onto each serving. Repeat layering with oatmeal, ricotta and banana slices. Drizzle each serving with a little maple syrup and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...