Monday, July 30, 2012

Blog facelift...

After many, many, many hours - and a very sore back - I finally finished redesigning the blog. I don't know. I think I've been tweaking and looking at it for too long because it's nothing special to me. *sigh* I suppose I'll get used to it.

What truly annoyed me - and was the cause of so much aggravation - was that I was trying to follow blogger instructions on the website where I got my previous background and it was getting me nowhere. When I realized that wasn't going to work I googled and the correct info came up in seconds. The original source shall remain nameless because I'm sure they mean well, however I think their information is outdated. Anyway, the banner above was designed by me. It looks nothing like what I wanted and I'll probably play with it again sometime down the road. The background looks good on my laptop but not on my old desktop computer. I guess that's the price you pay with aging technology! The background is from a free digital scrapbook kit called Friday Night Cocktails that I got at www.computerscrapbook.com. Check 'em out. They've got tons of free digital kits available.

I checked the dates of my old blog files and realized I haven't revamped this blog since July 24, 2010 - almost exactly two years ago. I think it was due!

Now on to some real crafting...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...