Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recipe: Amazing Strawberry Trifle!


I made this for our Easter dessert last Sunday.  It was my first time making it. I didn't post the recipe before Easter incase it turned out terrible. hehe Luckily for everyone involved, it came out amazing. That's how my daughter described it when she took her first bite. This is amazing, Mom!

Amazing Strawberry Trifle
Angel food cake, cut up into cubes*
3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 pkgs (4 servings each) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk
2 cups Cool Whip
1 Baker's semi-sweet or white baking chocolate square, grated (optional)**
Trifle bowl or deep glass bowl

Prepare pudding with milk in large bowl as directed on package. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until set. Gently stir in Cool Whip until blended.

Place half the cake cubes on bottom of trifle bowl. Layer with half each of pudding, strawberries and chocolate. Top with remaining cake cubes, pudding, strawberries and chocolate.

Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. Store leftovers in fridge.

*You can bake your own angel food cake or you can use a store bought cake. I bought mine from the bakery dept. at the grocery store. I discovered awhile ago that angel food cake can be a little tricky to make yourself . One thing I should have done was to freeze it slightly before cutting it into cubes. It would have been a little less messy.

**To easily grate the chocolate, warm an unwrapped square in the microwave on medium (50%) power for 15 seconds.

I don't have a trifle bowl but I do have a set of pretty clear glass mixing bowls. I used the largest bowl. I also made a smaller version for my Mom using the smallest bowl. I just added another cup of strawberries to the recipe and there was plenty of everything to fit in both bowls. This is how the layers looked on mine. They kind of blended together but you get the idea. I put a little too much pudding on the bottom layer and ran out when I got to the top. It still came out awesome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...