Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recipes: Easy snacks kids can make!

Today I've got two recipes, both of which kids can make on their own (older kids can handle the microwave part). These are great for summer treats or after school snacks. Wait, is it that time of year already? Not in my world but some of you will probably be sending your kids back to school very soon.

Image courtesy of http://www.kraftfoods.com/

This recipe came from Kraft. My daughter likes to make these to pack in her lunchbox. Warning: These are highly addicting. I suggest making large quantities of them. :)


Nilla Dippers
12 Nilla wafers
2 Tbsp. Peanut butter
1 square Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate


1. Spread 6 of the wafers each with 1 tsp. peanut butter. Top each with second wafer to make six cookie sandwiches.
2. Microwave chocolate in microwaveable bowl on high 30 sec. or until melted.
3. Dip each cookie sandwich halfway into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper; refrigerate 10 min. or until chocolate is set.


Image courtesy of www.tasteofhome.com
 
I found this recipe in a very old cooking magazine. The best part of this is you can swap out any of the ingredients for whatever you want. It's so simple to make. I've made it for my family and also sent it to school as a classroom treat. I always skip the peanuts and use vanilla yogurt covered raisins instead of the regular ones. If you've never had yogurt covered raisins you've got to try them. They're my favorite part of this snack mix! As a side note, I always double this recipe because it doesn't last long in my house.
 
Confetti Snack Mix
4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup dried banana chips
1 cup raisins
1 cup M&M's
 
In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...