Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kitty Chronicles Part 2

Two weeks ago I wrote The Kitty Chronicles, which was a long venting post about our new overgrown kitty, Oliver.

It's been an uphill battle but Oliver is slowly learning some manners. He uses his scratching post on a regular basis. Yay! Our speakers have been spared. He's learning the command "get down."  I need to repeat it several times when he jumps on a kitchen counter. Sometimes I have to physically remove him from the counter. He's a little slow to learn so I have to be more patient. He's still a nutcase when he needs to burn off kitty energy. At least he's not quite the spaz he was a week ago. I'm embarrassed to say that part of his problem was that he was starving. I'd forgotten that he's a growing boy. Just like all teenage boys (which is what he reminds me of), he needs more food. I've begun feeding him three or four times a day - basically on demand. He gets aggressive and torments Flower when he's hungry. She gets stressed. I get stressed. It's no fun. 

The other day I went to the grocery store to buy Spaz - I mean Oliver - more food. When I came home he and I had a little bonding time. He was having one of his sweet moments while checking out the bags of food. I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and taking a few shots of my boy.

Trying to look innocent. Don't let him fool you.

Someone needs to let the cat out of the bag.
 

Oliver still torments Flower. He's chasing her as I type this. Flower has a kitty cold that she caught from Oliver (that's a story I didn't blog about for some reason). She's sneezing and sniffling all over the place. He wants to play. She wants to chill out. Poor Flower. She needs some kitty Nyquil. Or maybe Oliver needs the kitty Nyquil. Kidding!!

Oliver seems to love me best. (insert puffy heart here) He snuggles with me when I watch TV. He sleeps between my husband and me at night. He curls up on my lap when I'm at the computer. He follows me around during the day when the house is quiet. We hang out, toss a jingle ball around and talk. Yep, Oliver is a talker. Actually, he's a chirper. When the house is quiet I can hear him chirping to himself as he wanders around.

It wouldn't be fair to exclude my best girl Flower from this discussion. After all, she is the queen kitty in my house. She doesn't really live up to that title. Oliver makes her nervous. Oliver walks (jumps, runs) all over her. She's too sweet for her own good. She adores her humans but I don't think she's too crazy about the new boy in town.

What a little sweetie.

2 comments:

bonkdawn said...

I want to squeeze them both! They are adorable!

Unknown said...

Glad it's getting better. They are both so sweet :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...