Monday, October 8, 2012

Accountability - Monday? I forgot...


I'm such a dork.

I'm sitting here working on a recipe blog post (it's in the oven - you'll have to wait a day or two to see how it came out) when I realized I never wrote my Accountability Saturday post for last week.

All week I kept thinking "I haven't done much with the blog this week." Duh.

So here it is, two days late.

I posted the image above mainly because I thought it was funny. I rarely say "I don't have time" because I usually have plenty of time. I'm just a major procrastinator.

I have several projects that I could easily get done in the time I have but instead I get sucked into Facebook, blogs, Words With Friends, Pinterest and anything else that catches my eye online. That's something I really need to work on.

Last Sunday I went to a coworker's wedding. I went with three women coworkers (we left our husbands at home) and I had a great time. The food was fabulous (prime rib w/garlic mashed potatoes) and I danced my toes off. I don't do that often enough. Who am I kidding, I don't do that ever!

But...all that good food caused me to fall off the SparkPeople wagon. I stopped tracking despite the fact that last Sunday when I stepped on the scale it was down 3 pounds! (can I get a little "oh yeah!"). That was short-lived because once I fell off the wagon the weight jumped back up a little. The upside is that my jeans are less tight so I don't have to live in yoga pants. The plan was to get back on track today, which I have. I just haven't tracked any of my food yet (it's Sunday as I type this). I've watched my portions for the most part and even kept my hands out of the Lay's potato chips bag. I have to keep reminding myself this is not a race. The only one I need to be accountable to is myself.

My R.A.D. defense class was awesome last week. We learned kicks and strikes. We practiced for about two hours. We were even given the chance to kick and strike a pad that the officer held in front of us. Unfortunately, I'm so out of shape that the entire right side of my body ached for two days after the class. It hurt just to roll over in bed! I need to do some cardio and stretches before we go to class this coming Wednesday because I can't be that sore every week.

Which brings me on to my latest injury which happened in bed. Get your minds out of the gutter. It's not what you think. I rolled over, felt a shooting pain down my leg, said "ow, ow, ow!" and struggled to get comfortable again, then realized I was going to hurt for awhile from this. I think - but I'm not 100% certain - I twisted wrong and my sciatic nerve flared up at that precise second. Either that or I pulled a muscle somehow. Either way, I'm hurting big time today. My left leg was pretty much useless for the first half of the day. I iced my butt cheek and took some Motrin, took a nap and now it's slightly better. Climbing stairs is the hardest to manage right now. I'm praying this is better by Wednesday or I won't be doing much physical stuff at my R.A.D. class.

I've been a slacker all week with my new project that I've been talking about. Well, not a total slacker. I did get some things accomplished during the week but that darn Facebook/Words With Friends/internet thing got in the way again. I have to get moving on this project before it's too late.

We were supposed to go on our annual Columbus Day weekend trip to the White Mountains with my sister and her family this weekend. My brother-in-law had emergency surgery on Tuesday (he's okay and home now) so the trip was cancelled. We were all pretty bummed. I heard that it rained up there yesterday so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Three things I want to concentrate on this week:
1. Track calories
2. Try to get some exercise in, depending on how my leg feels
3. Work on my project

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...