Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Housewarming Card from Silhouette Kit

silhouette detailed house card kit

My daughter and I went to a housewarming party for my nephew and his new fiance the other day (they just announced their engagement last weekend!). I'm very excited for them. They've been together a long time. She's a very nice girl who fits right into our family. I made them a set of ceramic tile coasters (blog post coming soon!) and this housewarming card that's supposed to resemble their house. I based the colors on info that was given to me. Some of the details aren't quite the same as their 'real' house but I think it came out adorable. The giant bluebird taking over the house is mine. :)

I purchased the Detailed House Card Kit from the Silhouette Online Store. Instead of using the flowers provided in the kit, I used punch art flowers. The next time I make one of these I'll use the flowers that come in the kit. My glue pen and I didn't get along very well while I was glueing down the punch art flowers. The larger piece in the kit would have been easier to work with. I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock to give it a clean, finished look. It made it a little bulky and it was a bit of a challenge to get the two pieces to line up exactly, but it ended up looking nice.

All in all, I love how this card came out. I can't wait for someone else to have a housewarming party so I can make another!

Posted on:

1 comment:

Ewa said...

beautiful card!

I would like to let you know about a new Craft Party,

I would love to see your creations linked up with Crafty Tuesday

Every week I will choose few tutorials and they will be featured on my blog and my facebook, twitter and pinterest page

I hope to see you link up

http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.ie/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...