Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recipe: Walnut Pumpkin Pie

Thanksgiving is only a week away! Have you got your menu planned already? Still need a dessert? I love this pie. I'm big on streusel toppings. What I love about this pie is the crunchy topping combined with the smooth pumpkin filling. I wish my family loved this pie as much as I do. They don't like the topping so I don't make the pie - ever. That makes me sad. Someday I'll make my own pie and I won't share it with anyone.

Walnut Pumpkin Pie
1 ready-to-bake pie crust or graham cracker crust
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg and salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp cold margarine or butter
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 425°. In mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Turn into pie crust. Bake 15 minutes, remove pie. Reduce oven temp to 350°. In small bowl combine sugar, flour and remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon; cut in margarine until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle walnut mixture evenly over pie. Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

Tip: To prevent edges of pie crust from burning, cover edges with foil while baking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...