Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Recipe: Banana Nut Muffins


Anytime I have a few overripe bananas I make banana nut bread or muffins. I hate to waste food. If I don't have time to make something right then and there, I'll mash the bananas and freeze them to use later. My kids prefer banana bread but this muffin recipe is a little quicker to throw together. 

Banana Nut Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center. Combine egg, milk and oil. Add egg mixture and banana all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fold in nuts.

Grease muffin cups or line with paper baking cups, fill 2/3 full. Bake in a 400° oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans. Makes 10 to 12 muffins.

Note: I use two non-stick muffin pans and place one inside the other to prevent the muffins from burning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm, ill be printing this one for the next brown bananas ;) thanks judy!!

Tracy said...

I do the same thing. I hate wasting and am always making banana bread. I didn't think to mush it up and freeze it. Thanks for the tip.

Katie said...

YuMmy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...