Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recipe: Speedy Salsa-Chicken Quesadillas

Image courtesy of http://www.kraftfoods.com/

I got this recipe from a Kraft cooking magazine. It's a great beginner recipe for kids. They can help by measuring and mixing the ingredients, then putting the quesadillas together. You do the cooking!

1/2 cup salsa
2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip dressing (I use ranch)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
8 Flour tortillas (6 inch)
3/4 lb. cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese

1. Mix salsa, dressing and chili powder; spread onto tortillas.
2. Layer chicken and cheese on half of each tortilla; fold over to enclose filling.
3. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add quesadillas, 2 at a time; cook 4 to 5 min. on each side or until lightly browned on both sides. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges to serve.

Serve with sour cream!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Mmm, reminds me of one of my favorite after school snacks growing up. If only I could find tortillas and cheese here in China, I might make them myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...