Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Bars

Photo couresty of http://www.recipetips.com/

These are awesome. If you're heading to a crop for National Scrapbooking Day, bring along a batch to share with your friends!

I got this recipe at a cookie swap crop I attended at Life's Memories & More, my local scrapbook store. I can't even put into words how good these are. They're very rich so cut them into smaller squares (approx. 2"x2").

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 - 16 oz bag of chocolate chips (the recipe says 'optional' but in my opinion chocolate is mandatory!)
1/3 stick butter (optional if using chocolate)

Combine sugar and corn syrup in a large sauce pan. Bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, then stir in Rice Krispies. Press into greased 9x13 pan.

This next part is optional (mandatory!). Melt the chocolate chips with 1/3 stick butter or Crisco. Spread over Rice Krispies mixture. Chill for 20 minutes. Cut and serve.

Good luck keeping these in your house longer than a day!

2 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oh those look yummy! Maybe it's because I didn't get dinner till 9 pm lol

RobinH said...

oh my favorites!
Scotcharoos is what they're called around here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...