Saturday, February 27, 2010

Paper Piecings & Punch Art

I want to share a couple of my "old school" layouts that show off my paper piecing and punch art. I used to love making my own paper piecings. I still like to make them but I don't have as much time to do it anymore.  I still do simple punch art, mainly with flowers and leaves. Flowers have always been my favorite embellishment.

I have to admit that I'm pretty darn good at paper piecing. I can turn a line art image into a pattern simply by tracing and cutting. I have 100's of free coloring pages on file, just waiting to be turned into something wonderful. The scan for this page is dated 2002 (I told you it was old school!). I love this Santa because he's fat and sweet. He was also super easy to make.


I puffy heart my paper punches. When my scrap stash needs purging, my punches stay put. This file is also dated 2002. It was one of my first attempts at punch art. I did this way back when punch art was very popular. I was able to find samples and tutorials just about anywhere online. There were online stores that sold nothing but punches (pure heaven for me!). I still own all of the punches used to make this. Like I said, I never purge the punches!



Disclaimer: I apologize for the poor quality of my images. They were scanned years ago and I pulled them off my back-up disc.

So...who's up for a free paper piecing tutorial?
I'd love to teach you how to make your own custom embellishments with a free coloring page, paper scraps and your imagination!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...