Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wasteful Wednesday!

Let's see, I've seen blogs titled Wordless Wednesday and Whatever Wednesday.

Mine is Wasteful Wednesday.

I'm sure all of us have had days like this. My husband's friend's mother died this week so I asked if he'd like me to make a card. Being the crafty crafter that I am I figured I'd do a 2 for 1 deal - one for the friend, one for Etsy. Is that bad? :D

Everything I touched ended up being wasted. My stamp wouldn't stamp right - wasted paper. My pen smudged - another wasted piece of paper. My daughter interrupted me while I was assembling one of the cards and I put one of the pieces on wrong. I tried to gently peel it apart and ripped the card. A wasted card. Geez. After more time that it should have taken I finally got two cards made - one for the friend and one for Etsy.

Who knows when I'll get all my cards for Etsy photographed because that's my most dreaded chore. I can't get the lighting right. I even made one of those homemade light boxes and it's still not right.

This is one of my favorite items in my shop right now. I really enjoy making cards but I'm so anal it takes me an hour to put one together.


1 comment:

x said...

I just have to say... that's a beautiful card. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...